Kilkenny Day is about celebrating everything that is wonderful about Kilkenny City and county; our communities, our heritage, our environment, our commerce, our creativity, our food, our hospitality, our sport and above all, our people. It includes a programme of events that is across the City and County, showcasing the very best the county has to offer.
There will be a wide range of initiatives proposed on the day including: (more to follow)
- Music Concert - Live local music performances featuring 12 emerging and established Kilkenny musicians.,this will be live-streamed.
- Film Screenings - of 3 animated movies – produced by Kilkenny based animation studio ‘Cartoon Saloon’
- A Kilkenny craft makers market & artisan food market.
- A ‘faces of Kilkenny’ photographic exhibition;
- Ros Tapestry exhibition at Kilkenny Castle
- A river regatta;
- A hurling/ camogie skills demonstration;
- Black and Amber bunting making workshops
These events will Celebrate all that is ‘Kilkenny’, showcase the City and County locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, promote Kilkenny’s communities, heritage, environment, commerce, creativity, food, hospitality, sport and people.
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.