As part of the plan Minister Catherine Martin announced plans to launch the Creative Youth Nurture Fund to support organisations that can reach specific groups of young people that are seldom heard. This relates to children and young people that are:
- Living with physical or intellectual disabilities;
- Refugees and asylum-seekers;
- Living with mental health issues;
- Traveller and Roma;
- Those within, or transitioning from, the care system; or
- Engaged with the youth justice system/ incarcerated persons and ex-offenders.
This €500,000 fund will support 8-10 youth-led initiatives over a period of 18-24 months and will empower children and young people between the ages of 6-24 to nurture their creative passions and ignite their creative potential.
Applications for the Creative Youth Nurture Fund will close on 9th June 2023. Further information available via Submit.com