This project seeks to provide active uses for vacant properties while providing facilities for artists and providing opportunities for members of the public to engage with artists in our town.
ART SPACE TRALEE is coordinated by Tralee Chamber Alliance in conjunction with Tralee Municipal District and in partnership with artists, commercial property owners and their agents operating in the town.
The temporary occupancy will provide an opportunity for creative practitioners to have a studio/workshop/gallery on a rent free basis with low to negligible cost overheads.
The project aims to:
There will be a public call for artists to apply which will be advertised in local press and social media.
- Offer free studio space for artists.
- Offer opportunities for members of the general public to interact with artists.
- Improve the visual impact of vacant properties within Tralee town.
- Increase footfall by providing an increasingly eclectic range of activities and premises.
- Generate publicity for artists in County Kerry.
- Showcase vacant properties to potential tenants to help them be re-let.
Further info will be available on Kerry County Council website.
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.