Exploring Black Hair Culture in Mayo Diaspora communities.
The Crowned project in Mayo will follow the model already created for Crown in the Traveller community and the African Diaspora in Co Offaly. It will consist of:
- A series of workshops will take place (15 workshops). They can take place in person and by zoom also when necessary.
- Each project takes on its own unique journey because of the different people involved.
- The conversations will be documented by video – a documentary style piece will be made. This will involve short video pieces and a main documentary piece at the end of the project.
- A photo shoot will take place to produce a collection of portraits.
- The Mayo Crowned Project will become part of our website documenting this compelling and important subject with minority cultures in our county.
- Opportunities for exhibitions nationally will be explored.
- The project will take place over a 5-6 month period.
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.