As part of Children’s Book Festival 2020, dlr libraries launched the first dlr Scéal Trail, a brand new, exciting outdoor reading initiative, on Wednesday 21 October 2020.
dlr Scéal Trail is an outside story walk that everyone can enjoy! A scéal trail or story walk is a book delivered in an exhibition format that you can follow, from beginning to end, as you walk with your family or friends.
Our very first Scéal Trail is a beautiful book written by Sadhbh Devlin, the dlr Writer in Residence 2019-2020; written during her residency and created on the top floor of dlr LexIcon! Geansaí Ottó is a wonderful story, illustrated by Roisin Hahessy. It follows a little mouse boy called Ottó on a journey he makes through a forest path towards his grandmother, who loves to knit beautiful gifts for him. Otto really dislikes these hand-knitted woolly jumpers and decides he is going to tell his grandmother so he sets off into the woods.
Follow the dlr Scéal Trail to find out what happens next!
The first dlr Libraries Scéal Trail is located outside dlr LexIcon in Dún Laoghaire.
- To encourage reading in an outdoor setting
- To promote the use of books beyond the confines of library spaces
- To promote the use of Gaeilge for all readers
- To advertise/showcase the work of the dlr Writer in Residence Programme
- To encourage intergenerational engagement where parents, children, friends and siblings can engage together with a book
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.