Visual Arts + Community/Audience Development
About Culture Club
We invite people to see, experience and learn about Dublin’s cultural places.
Culture Club is a series of hosted talks and tours that introduce and encourage people to connect with the cultural spaces of the city. Working closely with our partners, we open up new ways for people to access cultural activity more easily and confidently in order to develop and expand their cultural habits.
Culture Club aims
Dublin City Council Culture Company is working in partnership with Dublin City Gallery the Hugh Lane and Libraries to deliver 2-3 monthly facilitated interactive talks as part of the Culture Company’s Culture Club programme throughout 2022. In 2022, Culture Club moved from being online via zoom back to in person events.
- Address barriers to participation and encourage, support and embed cultural access.
- Broaden the reach of culture in Dublin to as many people as possible.
- Act as a catalyst to spark people’s interests and curiosity and to build awareness around what is happening in cultural venues in Dublin.
- Empower participants to access and undertake their own cultural excursions.
- Facilitate the introduction of new audiences to Culture Club partners, creating opportunities for partners to build and develop their own relationships with participants.
- Learn from participants and activate those learnings.
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.