The aim of the project is to encourage & support primary school children to engage with heritage, culture & creativity. There are 2 elements:
1. Support Creative Associates Programme
5 free “Heritage in Schools” visits will be provided to Gaelscoil Osraí, Cill Chainnigh as part of their Creative Associates Programme. The theme for the visits is Pailniú (Pollination).
This project will:
It is hoped to continue the project in 2020 & that it would inform the Creative Associates Programme on ways of integrating heritage & creativity.
- Explore how pollinator workshops can be delivered creatively and in Irish
- Deliver on Kilkenny County Council’s commitment to support pollinators
- Use the Irish language pollinator resources developed by National Biodiversity Data Centre, & Kilkenny County Council Heritage Office.
2. Support “Heritage in Schools” Scheme in County Kilkenny
All primary schools in Co. Kilkenny will be offered one free (full-day) visit from a Heritage in Schools Expert.
In 2018, 21% of primary schools in Co. Kilkenny took part in Heritage in Schools. We would like to give more children the opportunity to learn about & engage with the culture and heritage. The schools will be encouraged to explore their heritage creatively.
This project addresses Strategic Priority no. 4 of the Kilkenny Culture & Creativity Strategy 2018-2022 (“Engage children and young people in culture”).
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.