As part of GCC’s upcoming reusable coffee cup campaign, a Giant Coffee cup, 4 metres high is currently being manufactured by Savage Creatives in Galway
Giant Coffee Cup campaign (November-June 2022)
Aim: Giant coffee cup promotion to act as an awareness campaign to nudge consumers towards reusable coffee cups and business owners towards a deposit scheme
- Design and build a giant coffee cup to signify the amount of coffee cups discarded each day/week in Galway City (GCC admin staff currently contacting businesses to quantify).
- The giant coffee cup will have campaign messaging regarding stats on disposables, recycling coffee cup facts, possible circular economy information
- Carbon Footprint stats on disposable coffee cups will be included
- This will be strategically placed in various rotating locations around Galway City (e.g., Eyre Square, the Promenade), and GCC Staff and volunteers from Galway Volunteer Centre will engage with the public and raise awareness.
- Coffee cup to be kept in storage and brought out at Weekends.
- A short film will also be produced for social media
.National/local Broadcasters/media will be invited to the launch in late 2021/early 2022.
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.