Mayo is honoured that the opportunity to represent Ireland at an exhibition at the biggest global stage for visual art - the 59th Venice Biennale 2022 - has been awarded to one of the country's most outstanding artists, Niamh O'Malley.
Following a competitive open call by Culture Ireland, this singular opportunity was awarded to Niamh O'Malley and Temple Bar Gallery + Studios by an international jury. Ireland at Venice is an initiative of Culture Ireland in partnership with the Arts Council of Ireland.
Mayo County Council proposes to join as a partner for Ireland at the Biennale and will:
- Support the work of this exemplary Irish artist in the leading studios in Dublin to create an ambitious new project for a renowned global context.
- Inspire and engage diverse audiences.
- Bring the best of Irish art to new people and places on a local, national and international level.
This will happen through:
- An artist's talk in a Mayo Arts Venue which could be recorded for online distribution
- A podcast series will be commissioned
- A film commission of the Venice project
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.