The Mid-West Short Film Scheme will support new and emerging ﬁlm writers, directors and producers from across Tipperary, Limerick and Clare through an open call for the commission of 5 short ﬁlms. This new scheme is a partnership between Local Authorities in Tipperary, Limerick and Clare, Innovate Limerick / Film in Limerick and Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board. The Mid-West Short Film Scheme will have an international outlook, supporting emerging regional ﬁlmmakers to develop and produce world class short ﬁlms and helping them to navigate the international ﬁlm scene to develop their careers.
Purpose of the scheme:
- To support emerging Mid-West based ﬁlm makers in the development and production of up to 5 short ﬁlms.
- To support ﬁlm skills and talent development in the region by providing industry training to a wide local audience as well as tailored support and practical experience for those crews commissioned.
- To develop the careers of crews commissioned by providing training and mentoring support and production experience opportunities, as well as international experience for producers and directors on the festival circuit.
- To promote the Mid-West region as a place to develop and produce ﬁlm projects.
- To provide a regional economic stimulus both in the production of the short ﬁlms at locations in the region and also in the skills development and future projects developed.
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.