Dr Tomás Mac Conmara, will lead the Kildare Oral Heritage Training Programme which will enable historical and heritage groups to
The project will be delivered through
- Develop a skill in the recording of oral histories
- Reach out to communities in Kildare, engaged in combating social isolation amongst older people,
- Identify and record individuals on the unique memories, experiences, customs, and folklore of their communities and
- Illuminate the value of oral history as a method of documenting history, validating personal memory, combating social isolation and generation community memory.
The workshops will operate in a hybrid model of both in-person and online deliveries.
- the provision of seven two-hour workshops,
- personalised, experience-based mentoring to individuals and groups,
- a concluding workshop to follow period of mentoring that will collectively address all issues raised and maximise learning outcomes.
For queries contact: email@example.com
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.