Poetry in the Park is an initiative of Cork City Libraries in collaboration with Cork City Council’s Parks and Recreation Department.
The programme brings poetry to people in their everyday lives, creating a sense of community, awareness and celebration of the vibrant literary life of the Cork City.
Established and award winning poets are placed alongside emerging poets, young poets and intercultural voices celebrating the diversity of life and literature in the city.
In 2023 the installations will reflect festivals and events in the city by presenting new works including;
The poetry will support the wonderful work produced and supported by Munster Literature Centre, Ó Bhéal, Cork City Libraries, UCC and many more as the programme develops organically as the year progresses promoting public engagement, poetry and parks through performance, readings and workshops.
- Irish language poetry for SnaG
- multilingual through translation workshops as part of Cork World Book Fest in April
- LGBTI+ works; Awareness Festival in May
- Young Voices from The Unfinished Book of Poetry for Cruinniú ns nóg in June
- Heritage in August
- Supporting Culture Night in September
- Winter Warmer Poetry Festival in November
In 2023 the poems will also be available to view across the 10 Cork City Libraries’ as each month they are displayed on large screens as well as on our social media platforms.
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.