STEAMSchool is an 8 week blended programme of engaging hands-on curriculum-linked maker activities for primary school aged young people and their teachers.
This partnership between Fingal County Council, DEIS Schools and Make Create Innovate will work to engage young people in fun, hands-on maker activities in order to support the learning of STEAM subjects (science, technology, engineering, arts and maths) within a classroom setting, which will:
• Offer opportunities to engage meaningfully with digital technology
• Address gaps in education provision
• Actively support an inclusive and equal learning environment
• Intervene in traditional education patterns to encourage more dynamic learning opportunities relevant to the contemporary world of industry and social engagement
• Facilitate experimentation and creativity to support hands on audience engagement
• Encourage interdisciplinary work, collaboration and creative exchange
• Encourage civic participation through critical thinking and independence
• Provide access to alternative career pathways
• Facilitate role model innovation and problem-solving in all aspects of life and work
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.