Karum-Creevagh Experimental Heritage Explorations
An interdisciplinary project involving the Burren area of County Clare and the Oland area of Sweden, this initiative involves an experimental and innovative approach to arts and landscape heritage.
Creevagh Art and Archaeology Collective is a group of eight Clare artists and archaeologists who are participating in this interdisciplinary project. Initial plans include a research phase involving the landscape archaeology of the Burren and Kilshanny areas using photography and film. A parallel group in Sweden is examining the Oland region, and a united group exhibition is taking place in September in both Clare and Sweden.
The Irish group consists of:
- Stefan Bergh, landscape archaeologist
- Danny Burke
- Déirdre Carr, artist and poet
- Maria Kerin, artist, choreographer and curator
- Patricia McKenna, multimedia artist
- Mary Nunan, dance artist
- Dr. Ros Ó Maoldúin, archaeologist
- Michael Walsh, graphic designer and photographer