Cork County Council seeks applications for a Filmmaker in Residence.
This Residency that will develop and deliver a number of initiatives in which the selected film artist can
- assist young people’s participation in film
- engage with emerging filmmakers and film festivals in Cork County,
- strengthen the position of film in the context of the Council’s overall arts service provision and
- enable improved access to film making in different localities or communities.
- The Residency will also provide the filmmaker with an opportunity to develop and realise a small-scale filmmaking project.
The Filmmaker in Residence will support the work of Cork Young Filmmakers, an initiative of the Arts Service of Cork County Council and Cork Film Centre which provides access to creative film making for young people in County Cork in settings where young people can work in a safe, managed, supportive environment with professional film personnel.
Cork has an active independent film making base. It is expected that the Film Maker in Residence will engage with the sector to develop training and other supports and will also assist the Council in researching and developing future sustainable supports for film and video artists and the wide independent film sector.
This is a Contract for Service over a 12 month period commencing September 2023.
The residency fee is valued at €15,000 inclusive of all expenses.
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.