The County Library Service plays a fundamental role in undertakings that lie at the heart of the Creative Ireland Programme in County Cork. With the support of Creative Ireland, a range of different projects were supported. These were:
- Writer in Residence: This project provides support for creative writing in local areas, by engaging with people interested in writing, with the local library service as the centre for the programme.
- A Sound Initiative: A Sound Initiative is the Library’s free instrument loan scheme offering access to musical instruments for all Cork County Library users.
- Local Studies Digitisation Project, Online Collection Creative Ireland funding was used for scanning and digitising three items from the Local Studies collection. A portfolio of estate maps (East Cork, nineteenth century), a Spike Island (War of Independence era) register and a set of Cork City maps.
- Bugs and Blooms, Creative Book Art, with artist Jane Hayes. Book Art workshops for children were held in Mallow, Macroom and Carrigaline libraries during the month of April. An array of fabulous flowers and beautiful bugs were created using various paper art techniques.
- Photoshop Workshops with Viv Buckley. These workshops were run by Viv Buckley, photographer and artist and were held both in Cobh Library in Mallow Library.
- Art Competition library calendar 2020. This competition was open to children aged twelve and under, to submit a picture themed “I love my Library".
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.