Cork County Council is inviting applications for the Creative Start-up Scheme.
The Creative Start-up Scheme aims to support Artists, Designers, and Craftspeople to establish retail spaces in which to sell their work. It also aims to support Cork County Council’s work revitalising commercial centres in towns and villages. Proposals may be for the development of temporary or seasonal pop-up shops in vacant retail units. The scheme may also support proposals from small retailers who wish to expand the number of artists or makers they currently show or extend the space they currently occupy. The maximum amount that may be awarded for any one project will be €3000. Applications will be assessed on a competitive basis.
- To assist, artists, arts collectives, designers and crafts people in securing retail space.
- To support public access to cultural and creative production by the creative design sector in Cork County
- To assist the viability of the County’s creative industries
- To add to the diversity of local outlets/attractions, while at the same time, reducing the impact of empty retail spaces.
- Please note that this Scheme is geared primarily towards not-for-profit groups and organisations and Projects of a Creative or heritage focus will be given priority.
Please note that the details of events listed above are provided by the relevant Local Authorities.